Re: These Simple Four Lines of Mathematic Confound Me -- Bug?

I thank Richard Fateman for his informative reply. I had not known about the
persistence of Mathematica's so-called 'wrappers', whose definition I had
not readily found via the program's help features, but which I recently
found alluded to
here <http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/FormattedOutput.html>