Re: How create new style sheet- Mathematica 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121441] Re: How create new style sheet- Mathematica 8
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 04:39:59 -0400 (EDT)

Mathematica *will* list it in the menu.  But Mathematica's menus have to be
refreshed.  Restarting Mathematica is the easiest way to do that.  Also, you can
evaluate the following:

MathLink`CallFrontEnd[FrontEnd`ResetMenusPacket[{Automatic, Automatic}]]

The Install dialog invokes that command behind the scenes when installing
stylesheets.  And, to answer another question which was raised...installing is
basically just saving a copy of the style notebook in the right directory and
refreshing the menus.  Nothing more exotic than that.

FWIW, I absolutely agree that the user experience of working with stylesheets
could be much improved, and have pushed hard to make that happen.  But there's
always some give and take in the software development process...many other fine
features and bug fixes have been implemented while this one has waited a bit.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group