Re: Will it be a problem to include the mathematica plots in conference

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121505] Re: Will it be a problem to include the mathematica plots in conference
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 04:09:18 -0400 (EDT)

On 15/09/2011 09:52, Myeong Ae Kang wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I wonder if there's no problem to put the plots into conference papers to submit.
> I'm using Mathematica 7.0.
>
> To see the plots properly in a computer which mathematica isn't installed, I had to install the font.
>
> Should I use Mathematica only for calculation, not the graphics?
>
> Thank you in advance.

I can't see any problem. The usual procedure is that you give the talk
and leave a copy of the notebook with someone at the conference. That
then becomes available for people to download.

Most people who download the paper, will, of course have Mathematica,
but if you leave the plot output in the notebook, that will be also be
visible to anyone opening it with the free reader.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk