What is the distance of two intersecting circles based on the area of intersection?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121598] What is the distance of two intersecting circles based on the area of intersection?
- From: Markus Winter <drmarkuswinter at googlemail.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 05:35:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi all, I want to draw some proper VENN diagrams in which case I have the radii and areas of two circles, and I know the area of overlap. I had a look at http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Circle-CircleIntersection.html - it solves the area of two overlapping circles dependend on the distance of the two circles from each other. I can't figure out how to solve the equation for d. Anyone here knows what the solution would be? Thanks Markus