Re: Artistic impression of cloudy structures

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121591] Re: Artistic impression of cloudy structures
  • From: Roger Bagula <roger.bagula at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 05:34:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Sep 20, 3:16 am, Dimitris Emmanoulopoulos
<demmanoulopou... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to include in a 3D plot (purely for artistic reasons) some weather cloud patterns.
> Is there any way to produce mathematically some sort of realistic 3D cloudy structures?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Dimitris

Dimitris Emmanoulopoulos
You might use a ray tracing scheme making program.
Bryce for the Mac will do that using 3d dxf models Exported of your
objects.
The alternative is to put up a sheet and project an jeg
image on it. Hans Michel suggested a texture like that in a previous
post.
"If I had time I would chime in detail but all I can offer at this
time is
see:

http://mathgis.blogspot.com/2011/05/fun-with-texture.html

Computer Graphics from the folks at WRI have made it into the movies,
so I
doubt it is a lack of expertise in this field.

Hans "
I hope that helps.
Roger Bagula
Roger Bagula