Re: Changing excel table with Wolfram Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121593] Re: Changing excel table with Wolfram Mathematica
  • From: Alexey Popkov <lehin.p at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 05:34:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hans,

Very interesting, thank you for pointing this out! But what is about
performance? Is working with Excel file is approximately as fast and
memory efficient as working with Mathematica's built-in SQL database?

Alexey

P.S. It is quite simple to work with Mathematica's built-in SQL
database by using a set of simple supporting functions presented here
("SQL Approach" section):
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5287817/the-best-way-to-construct-a-function-with-memory/5291299#5291299