Changing excel table with Wolfram Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121548] Changing excel table with Wolfram Mathematica
  • From: "Kuba" <drazen.kubatovic at zg.htnet.hr>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:06:00 -0400 (EDT)

    I would like to change some cells in Excel table with Mathematica. I
know that can be done with "Mathematica link for Excel", but is any way how
can I change this with Mathematica built-in functions? For example:

    Table from A1 to D4

1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1
1 1 2 2
1 1 2 2

I wont change cells from C3 to D4, to set new value. For example 2 becomes
3.
It is important that all other cells stay untouched.
Thank you very much.