Re: Getting list of cities of Puerto Rico using Wolfram

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121626] Re: Getting list of cities of Puerto Rico using Wolfram
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 07:28:17 -0400 (EDT)

> CountryData["PuertoRico", "LargestCities"] // TableForm
>
> the name of the cities appear scrambled with the name "Puerto Rico"
> repeated
> all over.

Each city appears as a {city, state, country} triple, much like the
following, where I'm showing only the first ten cities:

(tbl = CountryData["United States", "LargestCities"])[[;; 10]]

{{"NewYork", "NewYork", "UnitedStates"}, {"LosAngeles", "California",
   "UnitedStates"}, {"Chicago", "Illinois",
   "UnitedStates"}, {"Houston", "Texas", "UnitedStates"}, {"Phoenix",
   "Arizona", "UnitedStates"}, {"Philadelphia", "Pennsylvania",
   "UnitedStates"}, {"SanAntonio", "Texas",
   "UnitedStates"}, {"SanDiego", "California",
   "UnitedStates"}, {"Dallas", "Texas", "UnitedStates"}, {"SanJose",
   "California", "UnitedStates"}}

City and state may be the wrong words to use in Puerto Rico, and I can't
speak to the data's ACCURACY, but "Puerto Rico", at least, is repeated for
a reason.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com