Arbitrary vector

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121627] Arbitrary vector
  • From: James Womack <james.c.womack at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 03:42:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to define an arbitrary vector in
Mathematica? What I mean by this, is can I tell Mathematica that a
particular variable is a vector, without having to define the components
of this vector?

I'd like to be able to manipulate vectors with an arbitrary number of
components, but am not sure if this is possible in Mathematica.

Many thanks,
James