Re: Bug with Sequence and Assignment by Part...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121686] Re: Bug with Sequence and Assignment by Part...
  • From: BernieTheJet <berniethejet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 04:13:21 -0400 (EDT)

I see that this issue has been discussed a few times in the past:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/dd3efcbc74d3f85c/ba74ea32ee5b8c90

I quote D Lichtblau's quoting Churchill on this point: "the worst
possible design, except for all the rest."  I mean, it isn't as if
it's really so bad, but it would be nice to be documented in the
'possible issues' part of the Help.