Re: Count Number of Iteration [FindRoot]
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121717] Re: Count Number of Iteration [FindRoot]
- From: Afolabicrystal <afolabicrystal at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 20:07:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Sep 26, 5:22 pm, "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputi... at hmamail.com> wrote: > On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 08:48:32 +0100, Afolabicrystal > > <afolabicrys... at gmail.com> wrote: > > Hello group, > > > I'm trying to find the roots of some functions using different > > algorithms then compare with FindRoot. However, I'm using number of > > iterations as my performance metric. > > > Is there a function in Mathematica that I can use to count number of > > iterations automatically especially in functions requiring iterations? > > > Thanks. > > Most functions of this type accept the StepMonitor option, which can be > used to count or otherwise analyse the steps taken. Many detailed example s > of this are given in the documentation for StepMonitor, so I will refrain > from giving an example here. Thank so much. found it very useful.