Re: Simple Graph plot question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125773] Re: Simple Graph plot question
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 04:21:46 -0400 (EDT)

Use a contrasting color for the vertices and make the edges somewhat
transparent.

g = RandomGraph[{50, 490},
  VertexSize -> Large,
  PlotLabel -> Small,
  ImageSize -> 500,
  VertexStyle -> Red,
  EdgeStyle -> Opacity[.4]]

Or convert the Graph to GraphPlot

GraphPlot[AdjacencyMatrix[g],
 PlotLabel -> Small,
 ImageSize -> 500,
 PlotRangePadding -> None,
 EdgeRenderingFunction ->
  ({Thin, Darker[Blue, .6], Line[#1]} &),
 VertexRenderingFunction ->
  ({Red, EdgeForm[Black], Disk[#, .04]} &)]

Bob Hanlon