Defining a value-specific ColorFunction for use in ListDensityPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125800] Defining a value-specific ColorFunction for use in ListDensityPlot
  • From: Andrew DeYoung <adeyoung at andrew.cmu.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 04:46:54 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,

I would like to create a ListDensityPlot in which the color is "deep"
blue for function values of -10 and "deep" red for function values of
+10, and varies linearly for function values in between -10 and +10.
(I'm plotting the electric potential on a surface of points (x,y); the
voltage ranges from -10 V to +10 V.)  Is there a way that I can create
such a ColorFunction for use in several ListDensityPlot plots?

Thank you so very much for your time!

Andrew DeYoung
Carnegie Mellon University