Re: gives wrong result

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125896] Re: gives wrong result
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 05:55:59 -0400 (EDT)

While Replace only applies to a full expression the question then
becomes which expression. Simplify checks the transformation with all
of the parts of the original expression (i.e., changing the expression
under consideration in the Replace) to see if the overall result is
simpler. Without the default there is no matching subexpression
considered by Simplify.

Bob Hanlon

--
Bob Hanlon