Re: What characters are allowed in mathematica variable names? i.e. how
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126045] Re: What characters are allowed in mathematica variable names? i.e. how
- From: Jesse Perla <jesseperla at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 04:56:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM, djmpark <djmpark at comcast.net> wrote: > Jesse, > > Here are several possibilities, which you can track down on the following > Help pages. > > guide/SpecialCharacters > guide/NonPrintingCharacters > ref/character/LetterSpace > guide/TextualForms > ref/character/UnderBracket > Thanks for the pointers. It seems like Mathematica has a great list of all of the escaped characters it can put into text (along with the escape sequence), but doesn't have a list of valid non-escaped characters. Are only alpha-numeric letters allowed as non-escaped characters in a variable name? I was looking for an EBNF definition for mathematica that might let me read the list, but I can't find that either.