Re: Why the loop gain no result?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126074] Re: Why the loop gain no result?
- From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 03:16:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: nma at 12000.org
On 4/14/2012 2:11 AM, Huafeng Cao wrote: > Dear all, > I use the' For' loop to solving an equation, such as : > For[i = 1, i< 5, i++, a = i; Solve[a*x^2 - 2 x + 1 == 0, x]].The > 'a' in the body must be updated in every loop with the 'i'. But i > cann' t gain the result,Somewhere is disorder? I am confused. > Thinks in advanced! > > You can use Reap/Sow to collect the result: Rest@Reap[For[i = 1, i < 5, i++, a = i; Sow[Solve[a*x^2 - 2 x + 1 == 0, x]] ]] ps. If you want to see each step, you need to use Print inside For: For[i = 1, i < 5, i++, a = i; Print@Solve[a*x^2 - 2 x + 1 == 0, x] ] --Nasser