Re: Replace a vertical line in ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126095] Re: Replace a vertical line in ListPlot
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 06:10:48 -0400 (EDT)

I received a number of answers to my question, all of them very helpful. I am very much grateful to all of you for them.
Alexei

Alexei,

It's a matter of Mathematica adaptively choosing where to put the Axes,
which you probably thought were banished because you had used Frame -> True.
But Mathematica allows a Frame AND Axes.

So just add the Option Axes -> None.

ListPlot[Table[{k, 7./k}, {k, 12, 70, 1}], Frame -> True,
 Axes -> None]

#David Park
djmpark at comcast.net

From: Alexei Boulbitch [mailto:Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu]

Dear community,

I am making a ListPlot with the Frame->True option. Here is a simplified
example showing the feature in question:

ListPlot[Table[{k, 7./k}, {k, 10, 70, 1}], Frame -> True]

It is everything fine with this plot as soon as the table starts with k=10.
However, if the table starts with k=12 instead of 10, like here:

ListPlot[Table[{k, 7./k}, {k, 12, 70, 1}], Frame -> True]

the plot shows a vertical solid line at k.

Why does it appear?
and
How can I remove this line?

Thank you, Alexei