Re: Replace a vertical line in ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126014] Re: Replace a vertical line in ListPlot
  • From: "Dr. Wolfgang Hintze" <weh at snafu.de>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 04:45:44 -0400 (EDT)

On 12 Apr., 00:24, Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbi... at iee.lu> wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I am making a ListPlot with the Frame->True option. Here is a simplified
example showing the feature in question:

> ListPlot[Table[{k, 7./k}, {k, 10, 70, 1}], Frame -> True]
>
> It is everything fine with this plot as soon as the table starts with k=10. However, if the table starts with k=12 instead of 10, like here:
>
> ListPlot[Table[{k, 7./k}, {k, 12, 70, 1}], Frame -> True]
>
> the plot shows a vertical solid line at k.
>
> Why does it appear?
> and
> How can I remove this line?
>
> Thank you, Alexei
>
> Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
> IEE S.A.
> ZAE Weiergewan,
> 11, rue Edmond Reuter,
> L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG
>
> Office phone :  +352-2454-2566
> Office fax:       +352-2454-3566
> mobile phone:  +49 151 52 40 66 44
>
> e-mail: alexei.boulbi... at iee.lu

Strange behaviour, indeed. You can even try to find the start of this
behaviour using decimal values for the PlotRange.

It seems that some internal automatic setting of the origin of the y-
axis is at work placing the axis at x.
You can see this setting Frame->False.

I suggest to use the option AxesOrigin->{0,0} to define things
clearly.
Then the line disappears.

Best regards,
Wolfgang