Solution - DatabaseLink connetion to MSSQL using Windows authentication

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126132] Solution - DatabaseLink connetion to MSSQL using Windows authentication
  • From: fd <fdimer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 07:44:58 -0400 (EDT)

All,

I'm posting a solution to connect Mathematica and MSSQL server using windows authentication just in case anyone needs it some day.

Very simple: download the jtds driver at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds/files/

the only files you'll need are ntlmauth.dll, which are located inside the zip in x86 and x64 folder. This file has to be copied to your Mathematica folder SystemFiles\Java\Windows(****)\bin - depends whether you have a 64-bits windows or not, but should be that simple.

In other Internet forums I found reference to copying this file to you local windows\system file, but it did not work for me.

WRI could include this file in the java library binaries for the next releases.

Hope it helps.

All the best