Unsatisfactory view of Panel, when transformed to pdf

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126245] Unsatisfactory view of Panel, when transformed to pdf
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 05:33:25 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Community,

I like very much to wrap Mathematica images by Panel, which gives many of them a much better view. To be precise, if image is some illustration, plot etc. I would like to put it in Mathematica document as
Panel@image
Then I typically mark the output as Figure in the JournalArticle StyleSheet.

However, most of my documents should be later transformed into pdf for
further use. This is unavoidable, since in my company nobody else uses Mathematica.

In the pdf document version the panel loses most of its attractivity. The gray color becomes almost white, and the fine rim details (which made the panel looking in Mathematica like a 3D-relief) disappear. In this form Panel makes the view worse, rather than improve it.

Have you any idea of what could be done to improve the Panel view after the document is transformed into pdf?

Best, Alexei

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan,