Re: from a 2d-figure to an interactive 3d model? is it possible with mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126255] Re: from a 2d-figure to an interactive 3d model? is it possible with mathematica?
  • From: luke wallace <lukewallace1990 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:50:16 -0400 (EDT)

Holy cow. I can't believe that is even possible from just typing code.
It looks like an alien language to me how can I ever hope to know what
I'm doing and write that stuff myself? Are you using some kind of
graphical interface to arrive at that code or something, or are you
just doing math stuff all day?

But please tell me where I can learn to do what you just did, and is
it possible to make the 2D interactive object you guys just made into
a 3D one to also express volume not just area? I mean I know it's
possible theoretically but is it too advanced for an average human
mind to write down in code?

How long did it take you to write that code because to a newbie like
me it looks like it'd take two weeks (it was the first thing I used
mathematica for, took me forever to realize shift+enter makes it
compute then I jumped out of my seat)