Re: from a 2d-figure to an interactive 3d model? is it possible with mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126272] Re: from a 2d-figure to an interactive 3d model? is it possible with mathematica?
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza10 at msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 05:25:49 -0400 (EDT)

Being a member of this group for a number of years has allowed me to watch immature newbies develop into highly competent Mathematica users. I've had the same feeling of awe when I started typing easy things and hitting the shift+enter to obtain amazing results. I now feel that I started learning mathematics after I learned, little by little, how to use Mathematica. I assure you that I possess an average human mind, and I consider myself to be somewhere between the second and the third class in terms of Mathematica skills.  My modest advice is: follow this group, where a number of prominent practitioners offer generous assistance to beginners; try to follow their solutions; set yourself problems to develop your skill, and take advantage of the possibility of asking for help whenever you're stuck, however dumb you think your question may be.It takes anywhere from four weeks to six months to start flying on your own. Other places to visit are http://mathematica.stackexchange.co
 m!
/ and http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/ One other interesting place is http://blog.wolfram.com/ where the Wolfram experts never cease to amaze me.
There must be a few things you can't do with Mathematica, but so far I've not met them.
Good hunting!
-Tomas