Re: Xcode and command line tools

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg127628] Re: Xcode and command line tools
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 21:35:40 -0400 (EDT)

 I installed Xcode 4.4.1 today under OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) via the App Store updates.  As soon as I started the installed app it asked if I wanted to install the command-line tools, and I did that.

How can one tell the version of the command-line tools actually installed, though?
On Aug 8, 2012, at 3:16 AM, George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at> wrote:

> Just a note to anyone wanting to compile Mathematica code using XCode on Mac OS X:
> An update to Xcode was made available this evening (7 August). After installing it, you need to (re)install the command line tools. The installer is not in the update, nor is it in the opening dialog to install components.
> I would not be surprised if we had to go through the same procedure with every update to XCode.
> george woodrow

Murray Eisenberg                                     murray at
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts                  413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street                      fax   413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305