slow speed for changing the Viewpoint with 3D graphics

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg127723] slow speed for changing the Viewpoint with 3D graphics
  • From: "mathgroup " <fizzymath at>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 03:42:23 -0400 (EDT)
I made a plot using VectorPlot3D of field lines given an equation for the E Field which is a function of x,y, and z......and using about 15 VectorPoints in order to get a meaningful plot.....but when I tried to change the Viewpoint  it was very, very Mathematica kept coming up with Notebook Reformatting........I've got a I3 CPU with 6 G Ram....V8.04.......

I happened to find a similar plot on a website.....but it used Java for its graphics.....and when rotated with the cursor the 3D graphics changed almost instantaneously.....

Is there anything I can do to make my  Mathematica Graphics  faster?......

thanks......jerry blimbaum