slow speed for changing the Viewpoint with 3D graphics
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127723] slow speed for changing the Viewpoint with 3D graphics
- From: "mathgroup " <fizzymath at knology.net>
- Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 03:42:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I made a plot using VectorPlot3D of field lines given an equation for the E Field which is a function of x,y, and z......and using about 15 VectorPoints in order to get a meaningful plot.....but when I tried to change the Viewpoint it was very, very slow.....plus Mathematica kept coming up with Notebook Reformatting........I've got a I3 CPU with 6 G Ram....V8.04.......
I happened to find a similar plot on a website.....but it used Java for its graphics.....and when rotated with the cursor the 3D graphics changed almost instantaneously.....
Is there anything I can do to make my Mathematica Graphics faster?......
Prev by Date:
Re: working with nested lists
Next by Date:
Re: Removing Outliers from List
Previous by thread:
Wolfram Alpha Examples website and cross-site scripting issue
Next by thread:
Using a huge list of random numbers from random.org