Re: How Expand?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127836] Re: How Expand?
- From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 04:27:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: nma at 12000.org
On 8/24/2012 4:08 AM, news wrote: > Hi folks, > > How can I expand the following : > > [ 1 + cos(x) + i sin(x) ]^3 > > to obtain; > > 8 cos(x/2)^3 [cos(3x/2)+ i sin(3x/2)] > > Thanks a lot. > > Max. > can you write things using Mathematica synatx to be sure one knows what you mean? The above is not valid syntax. Also, is 'i' above the Mathematica I or something else? Either way, try to use ()^3 instead of ^3 and also lookup the Trig->True option to Simplify. --Nasser