Mathematica issue

I am a PhD student from the University of Melbourne Australia. My question is;

I need solve this equation [A +  B  +  x^(a)  (C - D x^(b) ]=0,

A,B,C,D,a and b are constants.

I need analytical expression for the x in terms of A,B,C,D and a,b,

I was wondering is this can be done using Mathematica? if so how would i do that? I hope to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks,
Kash.