Re: Modifying Default Stylesheet

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg129002] Re: Modifying Default Stylesheet
  • From: Fred Simons <f.h.simons at>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 01:27:56 -0500 (EST)

Yesterday I was happy to find that in Mathematica 9 we do have the
choice to use the old default style or the new default style. The option
inspector shows that under PrivateNotebookOptions we have a suboption
"VersionedStylesheet". When that is set to {"Default.nb"[8.] -> True}
(on notebook level or on global level), the old default style will be
used. It requires the notebook to be saved and opened again.

When opening an old Mathematica 8 notebook, that has not been affected by the
beta testing of Mathematica 9, a menu appears for setting this option.

As George Woodrow III has pointed out, the stylesheet map indeed has two
default stylesheets: Default.nb and Default_8.0.nb. But it seems not to
be possible to refer to the latter directly; even when we use the old
stylesheet, according to the style sheet inspector we are using Default.nb.

Fred Simons
Eindhoven University of Technology