cell merge bug not only when merging cells

I just ran into another situation where one might loose code.

Enter the following three lines in an input cell:

a=1;
(* comment *)
a=2;

Then select the three lines and comment them out by pressing alt-/. That
works fine. Then undo the action by pressing alt-/ again. The same bug
as with cell merging turns up. Fortunately, here Rolf Mertig's very
useful fix works as well.

The same happens when we use a blank line instead of (* comment *).

Fred Simons
Eindhoven University of Technology