Re: Default font in Mathematica 9

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129017] Re: Default font in Mathematica 9
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 01:32:57 -0500 (EST)

I completely agree with everything you say about style.

Note: You already can insert a line-return in a Text cell without
creating a new cell. However, when you begin a new paragraph within a
Text cell by inserting a blank line, the intervening space is far too
high. To fix that, I use a single line-return and then apply a little
palette whose sole function is to change one of the cell's options to:

  ParagraphSpacing -> {0.5, 0}

(The palette is not mine; I forget who suggested it in MathGroup some
time ago.)

---
Murray Eisenberg                                    murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower            phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts                               413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street                         fax   413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305