Re: Mathematica 9.0.0.0 for windows crash

I have installed Mathematica 9 (after the font problem had been solved) under Windows 7 64 bit and it crashes seemingly because of NVIDIA.

I had NVIDIA driver 285.62 and I've found that Mathematica 9 requires NVIDIA driver 3xxx for CUDA to work. So I have updated my NVIDIA driver to 306.97. After that Mathematica 9 crashes on startup.

Fortunately I have a switch on my Lenovo laptop that can switch NVIDIA graphic card on and off. With NVIDIA off Mathematica 9 is not crashing and works OK.

However, going to Help/About Mathematica/System information results in a crash.

I have reported the problem to the support and I am waiting for their response.

Dmitry