Re: Ask for help to evaluate an equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129119] Re: Ask for help to evaluate an equation
  • From: Oliver Jennrich <oliver.jennrich at gmx.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 02:53:03 -0500 (EST)

Hugo <hpe650820 at gmail.com> writes:

> I want to evaluate the following equation with mathematica but it seems i'm doing something wrong.
>
> Sum[(-1)^n/A^(n+1)t^(1+n-k(1-eta))beta^(n-k) Binomial[n,k](alpha Gamma[1-eta])^k/Gamma[2+n-k(1-eta)],{n,0,Infinity},{k,0,Infinity}]
>
> Any help would be appreciate it

What do you man with "doing something wrong"? The expression is
syntactically correct, so I assume you mean that Mathematica doesn't give you
the expected result or no result at all.

The inner term can not be successfully summed by Mathematica 9 when the sum is
just extended over the k - so I assume trying to sum over both n and k
doesn't result either in a closed form...

--
Space - The final frontier