Confused about Export on a remote kernel
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg129182] Confused about Export on a remote kernel
- From: ExportConfused <rm3 at ips.edu>
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 03:20:26 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I'm stumped by this one.
I'm running a Mathematica frontend on my laptop connected to a MathKernel on a server. I create a plot and use
to create a PDF of the graphics g1. If I ssh into the server the exported graphics is there.
A bit later, with a new graphics, I run
and no sign of the plot. But if instead I type
the plot shows on /tmp of my laptop, not the server. The In and Out labels still say that it was the server kernel that executed the command (as indicated by the label in the Evaluator option of the Notebook).
Run[ "ls -1 > /tmp/listing"];
I still get a listing of my home directory on the server and there is a lingering /tmp/listing file on the server.
Shouldn't Export run on the server and save its output to the server's filesystem?
I'm still on Mathematica 8.0.4 for Mac on the laptop and the server is at 8.0.4 for Linux.
Any ideas how I debug this?
Prev by Date:
Re: Incorrect Summation
Next by Date:
Re: Applying "Replace" to subsets of lists
Previous by thread:
Re: Linear regression notebook won't work in Version 9
Next by thread:
Re: Confused about Export on a remote kernel