Re: ImageResize does not linearize before resize?

On 11/30/12 4:59 AM, Alexey Popkov wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> Reviving an old question in connection with the release of version 9, could you please explain how to use the new image processing functionality for correct image resizing? I could not find in the documentation instructions how to do it correctly in the sense described on the page
>
> http://www.4p8.com/eric.brasseur/gamma.html
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexey Popkov

The discussion moved to:

http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/15596/the-correct-way-to-linearize-colorspace-before-resizing-blurring-etc#

For the record:

In summary, Alexey developed a solution with Mathematica 9, using
especially the new color profiles features.

Excerpts from my comment:
"[Alexey's solution] is clearly my preferred approach for this
problem.  Please keep in mind that image processing is applied to
many domains where pixel data have arbitrary (or even no) physical
units; for these cases M's implementation is the most appropriate;
[the current issue] is nearly marginal, and M9 allows for an elegant
workaround."

Matthias Odisio
Wolfram Research