how to add color legend bar to a ListContourPlot

Hi,
I want to add a color legend to a ListContourPlot. I tried ShowLegend e.g.

ShowLegend[ ListContourPlot[xyDat, {ColorData["LakeColors"][#1] &, 10, "
1", "-1"]

but I don't know how to make the ColorFunction of ListContourPlot
consistent with ColorData of ShowLegend.  Or may be there is a different
way of doing this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
--Ted