Can't work with Mathematica 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124732] Can't work with Mathematica 8
  • From: Matteo Di Sabatino <adisabatino89 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 02:08:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi everybody, I'm Mathematica 8 and my OS is Ubuntu 11.10 x64.
I have installed Mathematica 8 without problems but I can't work with
it, when Mathematica runs there a message that say "you are running in
a mode which does not allow edit". Where is the problem? When I had
Ubuntu 11.10 x32 I had not this problem.
Please help me.