Re: creation of date list

You can force a date format with DateString[], so one way to do what you
want would be

numberOfDays = DateDifference["01/02/1901", "12/13/1991"];

Map[DateString[#, {"Month", "/", "Day", "/", "Year"}] &,
 Table[DatePlus["01/02/1901", i], {i, 0, numberOfDays}]]

Note however that this date format (Month/Day/Year) is often not the
best, as the convention in some countries is (Day/Month/Year), and many
dates are ambiguous in this format. I try to keep everything as
datelists until final presentation, and to avoid ambiguous formats even
then if possible.