nsmet error in a simple equation which I can solve by hand
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg124900] nsmet error in a simple equation which I can solve by hand
- From: Felix Holub <holub.felix at googlemail.com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 06:37:56 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Mathematica users,
if I enter the following command in Mathematica:
E^(-r t) (-E^(r t) + (L + s)^-\[Alpha] ((L + s)^(1 - \[Alpha]) + (1 -
c) t)^(-1 + 1/(1 - \[Alpha]))) == 0
I get this error: Solve::nsmet: This system cannot be solved with the
methods available to Solve.
All I want to do is rewrite the equation on terms of L. The thing is
that it easily solvable by hand by factoring out, having E^(r t) on
the RHS and then raising each side by (1-alpha)/alpha.
Do you have an idea how to solve this problem? Thank you for your
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Baffled by FindMinimum
Previous by thread:
Re: List Manipulation
Next by thread:
Some assistance from seasoned users.