question about NIntegrate

Hi,

I want to use function NIntegrate to integrate a function of x
that depends on two parameters y and z. However, when I write
something of the kind:

y=10;
z=1;
NIntegrate[Exp[-(x-y)/z],{x,0,Infinity}]

I get an error: Integrand is not numerical at {x} = {1.}

Strangely, if my function has only one parameter, the following
code works fine:

y=10;
NIntegrate[Exp[-(x-y)],{x,0,Infinity}]

giving the result 22026.5