Re: simple PDE?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg124959] Re: simple PDE?
- From: janos <janostothmeister at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 06:39:21 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
On Feb 12, 11:08 am, "Manuel G. Cerpa" <cerc... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi members:
> I need your help with this problem:
> D[z[x,y],x] + D[z[x,y],y] + b*z[x,y] = 0, z[0,y]=1-Exp[-1000*y], z[x,
> 0]=0, 0<x<1, y>0, b>0.
> Using NDSolve with MethodOfLines, I have a error: mxst.
> How solve it?
> Best regards.
Why don't you solve the equation symbolically to get
z[x, y] -> E^(-b x) C[-x + y]
then you will see immediately that the boundary conditons are
I hope this helps.
Prev by Date:
question about NIntegrate
Next by Date:
Workbench Profile question
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Setting global graphics options