Documentation for GridBoxSpacings

Often, when I use the "Show Expression" capabilities of Mathematica to
tweak the properties of a Cell I have in a notebook, I see the option
GridBoxSpacings.  I think I want to change some of the settings, but I
cannot find documentation anywhere that covers GridBoxSpacings.
Please offer me some advice on what the entries mean after
GridBoxSpacings, and what are the possible settings.  Thanks.