Re: Using .NET/Link on 64-bit Windows Server 2008
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125002] Re: Using .NET/Link on 64-bit Windows Server 2008
- From: Joe Eddy <jceddy at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 06:24:57 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Okay, I figured out that this is a problem with the .NET/Link library on a 64-bit machine when using NativeLink. The NativeLink constructor doesn't have any code to detect when running a 64-bit application on a 64-bit OS, so it will never use the Win64 API. I added some code to detect this to the library and now it seems to be working fine on both 64- and 32-bit machines. I already posted a follow-up with example code of the change I made in the NativeLink class.