Re: more questions about NIntegrate
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125021] Re: more questions about NIntegrate
- From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 06:24:35 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
On 2/17/12 at 6:22 AM, Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu (Alexei Boulbitch) wrote: >I need to use NIntegrate to obtain highly accurate values of some >integral. The relative error should be 1.E-16 or smaller. Is this >possible? I am not sure how to proceed. NIntegrate has a number of >confusing options: AccuracyGoal, PrecisionGoal and WorkingPrecision. I >am playing with these, trying to set them to various values, but >whatever I do I obtain results which do not seem to have an error >smaller than 1.E-7 or so. >I would appreciate an advice. If you expect to get useful advice for your specific problem you will need to provide some details. What integral? What have you tried? Post code and it is likely someone can help you. But with no details, there really isn't anything I can constructively say.