multiple selection control

I need a control object which enables the user to chose one or more
items from a list. In pricipal, this can be done using a CheckboxBar.
However, if the list is long this is not convenient, because the
CheckboxBar becomes too large. It would be nice to have something like
a PopupMenu, with an Option "MultipleSelection". How can I get such a
widget?