Re: what type of InterpolatingFunction?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125080] Re: what type of InterpolatingFunction?
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 06:08:31 -0500 (EST)

On 2/20/2012 9:55 AM, nt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am solving a system of three ODE 's with NDSolve. It works fine and
> I can plot the results but I need to know about the details of the
> scheme that Mathematica uses to come up with the numerical solution.
> It only gives InterpolatingFunction as the solution. I am not
> assigning any methods for it. Any ideas on how I can figure this out?
>
> Thanks

This will answer your question in detail:

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/NDSolveOverview.html

It shows how to select and configure methods, or implement your own.  It
also shows how to dissect an interpolating function.

--
Szabolcs Horvát
Visit Mathematica.SE:  http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/