Re: Executing a Notebook and saving the modified Notebook - all without the GUI

I have asked something similar (not exactly the same) here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8657275/how-to-evaluate-a-notebook-from-the-command-line

I second what Albert said, and you can use some of the ideas from the thread I linked to.  Some not so obvious problems might come up when you try to do this.