Re: beginner question regarding units in equations

On 12/28/2011 11:53 PM, RDog wrote:
> I am a very new user so I apologize in advance if this question is too
> basic for the group.
>
> Many civil engineering equations are empirically derived and therefore
> the units dont work out exactly. How does Mathematica handle units in
> equations and especially in empirical equations where there may be
> parameters set to weird exponetial powers. Does the program use units
> at all in equations or does the user need to keep track?

I think the answer is simple/

You say you are a beginner. Assume that Mathematica does not handle units.

When you are no longer a beginner, you can come back to this issue if
you wish.

For fun,
While you are thinking about units, how is it that automobile efficiency
has dimensions of 1/length^2 ?

miles per gallon =  length / (length^3),  right?

RJF