Re: Linux uninstall
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg124118] Re: Linux uninstall
- From: Simon <simonjtyler at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 05:55:30 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica at googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure that you just delete the installation directory (default: /usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/8.0) and shell scripts (default: math, mathematica Mathematica, MathKernel and mcc in /usr/local/bin). Also, remove any menu items created in the desktop environment.
P.S. after a quick google search, here's what is suggested on
Basically, you have to:
delete the folders /usr/local/Wolfram and /usr/share/Mathematica.
remove a number of links in /usr/local/bin: mathematica mcc Mathematica math MathKernel.
in your home directory you can remove the folder ~/.Mathematica
The following five commands do that all:
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/Wolfram
sudo rm -rf /usr/share/Mathematica
sudo rm mathematica mcc Mathematica math MathKernel
rm -rf ~/.Mathematica
Prev by Date:
Unit testing using imported data
Next by Date:
Group Disclosure Triangle Lost When Saving to CDF
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: how to get string in sci. notation to a number?