select 1st column element based on criteria in 2nd column in mathematica

hello, I have a question.

Suppose I have a table with two columns like this:

1  3
2  4
3  6
4  1
5  3
6  2
7  5
8  2

I want to select elements of the 1st column which its corresponding 2nd
column elements are bigger than 3. so, the result should be {2,3,7}.  How to
implement that in mathematica? Thanx a lot