Using Mathematica to create slides

Hi,

I'm thinking of using Mathematica to create some slides for a
presentation on 3D graphics algorithms.  I've found a lot of neat ways
of creating examples but I'm having a bit of trouble seeing how to lay
out the slides.  In particular

- How can I hide the Input cells with the Mathematica source code in
them?

- Can I have a cell that doesn't stretch all the way across the slide
horizontally?  So that I can have some text and an example by the side
of it?

- Can I have a cell that doesn't appear when the slide is first shown,
but which appears when the advance button is pressed?  Something like
the multistage animations in PowerPoint?

- Can I have any transition between slides other than a jump?

I'd be really grateful for any help with these.  Thanks in advance.