Re: NDSolve output without interpolating function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg124221] Re: NDSolve output without interpolating function
- From: "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 02:54:51 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:52:39 -0000, william cuervo <wfcuervo at gmail.com> wrote: > Hi! > > Is there any way that NDSolve presents the output as a set of data > instead > of as an interpolating function? > > > Thanks! As far as I know, no. However, you can extract the values from the InterpolatingFunction using the (undocumented) forms: ifun["Grid"] to find the locations at which the values are sampled, and ifun["ValuesOnGrid"] to extract the values themselves. These (as well as some other properties) are officially accessible via the DifferentialEquations`InterpolatingFunctionAnatomy` package, which just provides functions for calling the undocumented forms above.